Taking the first step to end addiction from alcohol can seem like an uphill climb. However, with the right support, you can get on the path to recovery and discover the benefits of alcohol detox. A drug and alcohol detox center in Tampa can help you every step of the way. Detox centers offer treatment for alcoholism through alcohol detox programs.
You have access to a variety of clinical services that include evidence-based and holistic treatment, inpatient & outpatient services, and individual, family, or group therapy. You can personalize the treatment plan that addresses your condition and helps you meet your goals, beginning with detox.
What Do Detox Alcohol Detox Centers Offer?
There is nothing easy about detox. You may experience mild to severe withdrawal symptoms that bring pain or discomfort. Detox centers are designed to help you manage your withdrawal symptoms and complete detox successfully. Some of the benefits of alcohol detox include:
- Medical attention: If you have a severe, long-term addiction to alcohol, some withdrawal symptoms can be dangerous or life-threatening. For this reason, medical staff is on hand that can give you immediate attention if you experience severe withdrawal symptoms. One of the benefits of alcohol detox is that it is a safer alternative to detoxing on your own.
- 24/7 monitoring: When you are going through detox, it’s good to know that you have support available when you need it. A detox center in Tampa provides 24/7 monitoring so that someone is always ready to help you at any time during your recovery. A specialist can monitor your progress and keep track of your alcohol detox and withdrawal timeline.
- Medication-assisted detox: Detox centers offer medication-assisted treatment as needed to provide you with a safe and comfortable experience during detox. Medication is design to reduce the withdrawal symptoms or help you with your cravings. It can also help you if you experience delirium tremens.
- Holistic care: Holistic treatment will not make your withdrawal symptoms go away. However, it can provide you comfort and peace of mind during the first few days when withdrawal symptoms are at their worst. A detox center may offer holistic care, such as massage therapy, mindfulness, yoga, and other activities.
- Comfortable facilities: The most important part of detox is feeling like you are in a safe and comfortable environment. Comfortable facilities are available with warm and caring staff. You have everything you need to get through the toughest part of your recovery.
What Can You Expect During Detox?
Once you enter detox, you may start experiencing withdrawal symptoms as early as 12 to 24 hours after your last drink. The level of withdrawal symptoms you experience will depend on the nature and severity of your addiction. Most client experience symptoms such as:
- Anxiety or irritation
- Nausea or abdominal pain
- High blood pressure
- Increased body temperature
- Increased heart rate
You may also experience confusion, hallucinations, delirium tremens, fever, seizures, or shaking. Symptoms may pay peak by the third to fifth day. Afterward, they will start to decrease, and you will begin to feel better. For this reason, it is vital that you get professional help when detoxing. Do not attempt to do it on your own if you have long-term addiction to alcohol.
Learn More About the Benefits of Alcohol Detox
If you are ready to take the first step to recovery, then contact South Tampa Detox today. We offer comprehensive alcohol detox treatment programs for all types of addictions. To find out more about the benefits of alcohol detox, as well as your treatment options, call 866.223.5241.