When your friend or loved one struggles with drugs or alcohol, you may wonder ‘Does my loved one need a detox center?’ Once a member of your family decides they want to stop drinking, their first step is to enter a period of detox. During detox, the body begins the healing process while your system cleans out the toxins of the substance. While detoxing is essential to recovery, it can also be dangerous and life-threatening at times.
For this reason, you may want to help your loved one enter a detox center in Florida. A detox center provides a safe environment with resources to immediate medical attention, medication-assisted treatment, and a full staff that can monitor the client’s progress. Let’s read below to find out more about detox centers for drug or alcohol addiction.
Can Your Loved Detox on Their Own?
A detox center provides a better option than trying to detox alone. It is possible for your loved one to detox on their own. You may even be able to provide encouragement, as you monitor their progress. However, the detox timeline can be dangerous. There are several withdrawal symptoms that the person may experience such as:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased blood pressure and heart rate
- Hallucinations or delusions
- Depression and anxiety
- Shaking or chills
If the person has a severe addiction that has lasted for several years they risk having a heart attack or a stroke. For this reason, taking your loved one to a detox center in Florida is a safer and more effective option.
Can a Detox Center Guarantee a Recovery?
While a detox center cannot guarantee recovery, it does increase the chances of getting past the first step.
Detox alone cannot guarantee a successful long-term recovery. However, it is a powerful first step that can prepare the client for inpatient or outpatient rehab. The average length of time that it takes to get through detox is seven to ten days. The worst symptoms occur by day three and start tapering off by day seven.
With the help of addiction treatment experts, a client is more likely to maintain their motivation to stop using drugs or alcohol. In addition, a treatment center offers comfortable facilities a holistic therapy to help the client cope with the symptoms. You are more likely to see the results you want by taking your loved one to a detox center.
Learn More At South Tampa Detox
If you find yourself asking ‘Does my loved one need a detox center?’ the answer is most likely ‘yes.’ If you feel that you should go through detox, then you can start by calling a detox center in Florida.
At South Tampa Detox you’ll find the following programs and care:
- Medical attention: If you have a severe, long-term addiction to alcohol, some withdrawal symptoms can be dangerous or life-threatening. For this reason, medical staff is on hand that can give you immediate attention if you experience severe withdrawal symptoms. One of the benefits of alcohol detox is that it is a safer alternative to detoxing on your own.
- 24/7 monitoring: A detox center in Tampa provides 24/7 monitoring so that someone is always ready to help you at any time during your recovery. A specialist can monitor your progress and keep track of your alcohol detox and withdrawal timeline.
- Medication-assisted detox: Detox centers offer medication-assisted treatment as needed to provide you with a safe and comfortable experience during detox. Medication is design to reduce the withdrawal symptoms or help you with your cravings. It can also help you if you experience delirium tremens.
- Holistic care: Holistic treatment will not make your withdrawal symptoms go away. However, it can provide you comfort and peace of mind during the first few days when withdrawal symptoms are at their worst. A detox center may offer holistic care, such as massage therapy, mindfulness, yoga, and other activities.
- Comfortable facilities: The most important part of detox is feeling like you are in a safe and comfortable environment. Comfortable facilities are available with warm and caring staff. You have everything you need to get through the toughest part of your recovery.
The best way to get started with recovery is to contact a detox center in your area. South Tampa Detox offers comprehensive detox for all types of addictions. If you’re asking yourself, does my loved one need a detox center, find out more about treatment options by calling us at 866.223.5241. South Tampa Detox can help your loved get clean and prepare them for lifelong recovery.