If you can’t get through a day without a drink in your hand, you may wonder, “Do I need alcohol detox?” Many people struggle with the signs of drinking too much. With social drinking and the availability of alcoholic beverages, it’s vital to know when to seek help from an alcohol detox center in Florida.
Signs You Need Alcohol Detox
There are varying severities of alcohol use disorder. But even if you show signs of dependence, you need alcohol detox to free your body of toxins.
Some of the signs you need alcohol detox include:
- Multiple failed attempts at cutting back on drinking
- Relationship issues because of drinking
- Loss of a job
- Engaging in risky behaviors, such as drinking and driving or unprotected sex
- Having blackouts
- Hiding drinking behaviors from loved ones
When drinking alcohol consumes your thoughts and controls your actions, you need alcohol detox. Alcohol use becomes a problem when any of these or other signs occur.
The following are more signs that it’s time to seek professional help:
- Avoiding social engagements unless there will be alcohol
- Day drinking or drinking with every meal
- Alcohol withdrawal symptoms when you’ve gone about 12 hours without a drink
- Feeling sick or hungover often
What Is Alcohol Withdrawal?
The mental and physical problems experienced when someone cuts back alcohol use is alcohol withdrawal. Symptoms of alcohol withdrawal occur when there is frequent and heavy drinking. If you drink socially only once in a while, it is unlikely that you will experience the following symptoms of alcohol withdrawal:
- Trembling or shaking
- Nausea or vomiting
- Trouble sleeping or insomnia
In more severe cases of an alcohol use disorder, problems range from seizures to delirium tremens (DTs). DTs have been a cause of death in a small portion of those going through alcohol detox, but fail to do so with medical supervision.
Benefits of Alcohol Detox Programs
When you need alcohol detox, it is highly recommended to do so in a licensed detox center. Detox through a quality alcohol detox program brings more than a comfortable setting away from triggers to drink.
The benefits of alcohol detox programs include:
- Medical supervision. If you have a severe, long-term addiction to alcohol, some withdrawal symptoms can be dangerous or life-threatening. For this reason, medical staff is on hand that can give you immediate attention if you experience severe withdrawal symptoms.
- 24/7 monitoring. Detox programs provide support whenever you need it. A specialist can monitor your progress and keep track of your alcohol detox and withdrawal timeline.
- Medication-assisted detox. Closely monitored medication during detox helps with harmful withdrawal symptoms as well as cravings. The benefits of alcohol detox programs means quick medical attention if DTs occur.
- Holistic care. A holistic approach helps physical and psychological symptoms. Facilities make sure they are welcoming, warm, and staffed with caring experts.
When You Need Alcohol Detox and Rehab in Tampa, FL
South Tampa Detox sets the high standards for addiction and mental health treatment in FL. With some of the best addiction treatment experts, you’re in safe hands. When you need alcohol detox, contact South Tampa Detox for a safe and more comfortable experience.
Our detox programs include:
- Drug detox
- Alcohol detox
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Transitional services into addiction treatment
After detox programs, our specialists will assist you with transitioning into an alcohol rehab program at our partner facility. By participating in programs after detox, you reduce the risks of relapse and better manage a life of sobriety.
Call 866.223.5241 today for a consultation if you are still asking, “Do I need alcohol detox?” A team of friendly experts are ready to answer any questions you have.